Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Ahh... Junk



With Christmas right around the corner, I've found myself at the mall a lot lately... And every sweater, brooch, and witty little book is beginning to look the same. Ponchos are now officially giving me the good old gag reflex. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE getting people gifts, especially ones that I just know they're gonna love. But with every trip I make to the mall for a fleece hoodie, I feel I owe myself the thrill of a thrift shop. Saver's has always been a favorite, the Goodwill is a great stand-by, but one of my newest favorites is Arc Value Village. The roller skate, above, is a few sizes too small... but who cares when it goes so perfectly in my bathroom??? A few weeks ago I made it out to the Junk Market in Long Lake. (This is where the skate-vase idea came from). If you can make it out to one of their 3 times a year sales, it is really quite the idea-fest, but too expensive for my pocketbook. This is one of their ideas that I'd like to try. But seriously, where am I going to get a metal crib?

Any good thrift stores to add the Minneapolis/St. Paul list? Anyone been to a local auction recently?

No comments: