Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Thursday, May 14, 2009
I just bought some of this cool fabric over at the Crafty Planet. Or maybe I should call it Crack Planet. (The owner there is THE NICEST person-she ALWAYS remembers my name AND Jin's name, and no it's not because I'm in there that often) Anyway, Jin needs some breezy pants that cover his knees, but aren't too hot. I scrimped on the yardage, so maybe he'll get a pair of "JAMS" instead. Do you remember Jams? I might be mixing this up, but I think I wore them with my jellies. For real.
1. Yes, now that I know that I talk baby talk to my son, I'll try and stop.
2. If I tell Jin that he'd "better not do-so-and-so..." he is the MOST likely to do it. It didn't work today.
3. He loves talking about his Dad. And yes, he does know how to say Mama. It was his first word even.
4. We eat almost all of our meals with The Fish out on the table. When we're done, he goes back in the hutch or the cats try and eat him.
5. Jin is really in to snuggling and tickling right now.
6. Jin sleeps in his crib now, and last night was his second night in a row of sleeping through the night. I'm starting to be able to complete a thought again. Kind-of.
7. Being a mom to Jin is one of the best things I've ever experienced... Even when the bubble blowing sucks, when I don't feel like pretending to vacuum with Jin's toy (because I need to vacuum for real), when I find a poop chunk on the cute rug in his room AGAIN, when he pours his milk into his food, and even when he finds my fattest part, pokes it and laughs out of pure delight. Zander doesn't even get to do that one.
Sunday, May 03, 2009
It's official. Almost every time, but mostly when he feels like it, Jin will tell you exactly what a cow, a sheep, and a vacuum sound like. He's still a little iffy on what cats sound like, but he can tell you that our cat's name is Boo. This is all really new folks, and as lame as it seems, it is really freaking exciting on our end.
Today we went to (and got there too late to see) the May Day Parade. It's difficult pushing a stroller through the masses! However, it was an absolutely lovely time to be in the park and take in all the hippie magic fairy dust. This very well might be my favorite day of the year!
Alright, the sweet boy won't be nearly as sweet if I don't start rocking him to sleep!
Maybe I'll do something crafty-like on this blog again soon!