Monday, September 25, 2006

I'm on my break right now, multi-tasking. Eating lunch, writing emails, grading papers, ordering Sharpie markers... Of course, trying to get it all done before the kids come back in. It amazes me how frozen I was just one short year ago over leaving the elementary and coming here to the high school. Never did I imagine that I would love it this much. These young people feel so strongly. They're angry and ecstatic. They're funny and intense. Today a student brought me a stack of CDs that she really thinks I need to rip onto the computer here. She worried that all of my music sounds a little like Sheryl Crow. She's probably right. So here I am, getting stuff done to an intereresting mix of Jason Mraz, John Mayer, RENT, and Bob Marley. Not even a little bit like Sheryl now.

2 comments:

Reb said...

I laughed out loud.. too much like sheryl crow... you must be playing a lot of Patti and Tina? :)

you should check out http://www.sundaysaway.com/ I love this music and I love love love the photos posted on that page too!

Kari said...

Mayer..great!! Mraz..even better!!! Those are my boys!!! I have some more great boy singing music, but then again you know that I am a sucker for the boys with their guitars...sigh....