Tuesday, April 22, 2008


Prom this year was lovely, and a large part of the loveliness is that it's finally over. I get a small stipend for doing it, but man-oh-man, it's hard work... Over 500 guests, party favors, a DJ, really bad tasting punch, sweaty teenagers, and lots of breath-a-lizing. I took the day off yesterday, and spent my time in the sun trying to get our yard back into shape. My biggest accomplishment was prying out the broke-down arbor that my climbing roses were consuming and replacing it with the springs from a bed I found in the alley.

Speaking of mindless tasks, I've been embroidering scenes from Jen Hart's Spaced Out pattern onto an old denim shirt the last couple of nights. It has the same mind-numbing effect as coloring in a coloring book, except when it's done I'll wear it instead of hanging it on the fridge.

No comments: