Thursday, July 03, 2008

I love hollyhocks. The bugs nibble at them, their petals are ruffled and transparent, the birds land on them only to weigh them down and poop on their leaves, and despite the fact that they're an annual, they just keep coming back. A little bit fragile, a little bit hearty. A little bit country, a little bit rock and roll. Oh hollyhock, I can relate to you on so many levels.

Sorry for the crap picture, I'm not sure what happened and no amount of photoshopping is going to fix this one up. Anyway, here's some recent thrifty-action. I already have one good pitcher, but this one is so perfect I couldn't resist.
More thrifting here... This dress is organic silk IN MY SIZE for under $5. And yes, it will look oh so cute with a little something red and frilly sticking out from the hem.
Today, I'll be:
1. Thinking about what a sweet movie WALL-E was. It might be the best Pixar yet.
2. Picking up our third load of veggies from the CSA. Lots of lettuce so far.
3. Getting ready to head up to our friends' cabin for a few days. I'm so excited for a bit of reading on the dock, hiking, playing board games and swimming!
4. Fret about having to wear a swimming suit in front of these friends.
5. Check out a couple of things at the library.
6. Bake some bread from that 5 minute book.
7. Listening to Jason Mraz and The Weepies. Maybe a little bit of Sia thrown in there.
8. Running late for my noon appointment because I'm killing time on the web.

1 comment:

Teacher Jessica said...

Your bread was really good! And I'm glad to know it was from that book, because I've been wanting to check it out. Let your readers know what other variations you try.

Had a great 36 hours with you at Fish Lake! Art's been asking, "Where'd Joolie go?"