Monday, April 17, 2006

Here's the happy couple on their wedding day, way up on the very top of a mountain in Colorado. We had such a great time just staying at the foot of the mountain, taking in the lovely scenery, catching up with family, and for Zander, actually skiing. (He's a really good skier. I hope we have time for snowboarding lessons together next year--I think that'd be so fun.) The ceremony was on the very top of a mountain, and most of us were sitting on a deck-like structure that sort of hung off the side. The little kids kept wanting to go to the edge of the deck and get some snow to suck on/throw/kick around, while the rest of us gasped every time they got even remotely close to the sides.


Yesterday we went over to my mom's house for an Easter lunch. Hello, I ate too many chocolate eggs! You know the pastel ones, they look kind of chalky on the outside, but have chocolate inside. Yeah, I'm thinking they have some kind of crack on the inside that makes you continue to eat them long past the time that was ever considered within moderation. Anyway, my little nephew was there and I love holding him. Especially now that he's starting to laugh and make little cooing sounds. Here's little Joey laying on my knees and drooling all over my skirt.


Well, I've never claimed to be photogenic, but you'd think I could slap on some blush before I put my picture out there for the world to see. I will admit that I took about 30 pictures of me looking out this window trying to get some good old natural lighting and a decent looking picture. Where did those wrinkles on my forehead come from??? Anyway, another little piece of Easter this year was going home and showing off a new little piece of jewelry that I got this weekend. I've been wanting to do it for a long time, so it was nice to get the family seal of approval. Oh, and Zander likes it too. Yeah, and I really like it too.

7 comments:

Dr Em said...

well its about F-ing time! i'm glad you are blogging again. love the new earrings.

i have a personal ban on those chocolate eggs. it took a lot of restraint to keep me away from walgreens yesterday where all the easter candy is half off. i'm just taking it one day at a time.

Anonymous said...

I think that picture of you is beautiful. When I look at it is makes me happy to have been your friend all these years. We were so young when we met and seeing this picture of you shows me how we've grown into fabulous women. I still see the girl that I met at 508 Fry Street 12 years ago, but I also see a face and spirit that's come along way and expereinced so much. I laughed at the comment about the winkles on your forehead... Sometimes I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and see something and think "whoa, that's new".. really I've never noticed ANY wrinkles on your forehead and I believe it's all facial expression in this pic and that's it :)
Love,
Reb

Anonymous said...

I think she's beautiful too--inside and out! MOM

Anonymous said...

I agree, she is beautiful on the inside and out. Z's Mom

Anonymous said...

I love your nose ring! It looks great on you...can't wait to see it in person this weekend!

LA said...

You look exotic and mysterious with your new blig. I long to oggle it in person. Who would notice the "wrinkles" on your forehead with such finely manicured eyerows?? That are raised...thus the "wrinkles"!

Anonymous said...

You are lovely! I like the look in your eye... makes me think you are up to something! haha! =)