Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Art-a-whirl

This year for art-a-whirl, I decided that I wanted to get some stuff. I love things made by real artist type people, but darn it, they're always so much more expensive than the crap I can buy at Target. So I sewed myself up a bunch of reversible/expandable headbands, and sold them to the crowds. I made enough to snag some of the art work below (although the Puny Bunny was a gift), a cute ring that I'm too dumb to photograph without it being blurry, and cover my costs plus a tank of gas. Not too bad. The novelty of selling something I made was fun. I especially loved seeing little girls dancing in the hall while wearing my headbands. Art-a-whirl is fueled by lots of people who are passionate about their art, and the selling part just buys them the time to make more of it... Their art seems to define who they are. I felt really out of place in that aspect. I don't have a strong political or spiritual belief tied to my little headbands. Indeed, they are not meaningful, and are even less practical than say, a baseball cap. But it's the making itself, not even the product that excites me. Anyway, blah, blah, blah! I had fun.

Here's a bunny print by the talented Puny people. I can't wait to pop it up on the wall.

This sassy gal was printed by AmyJo. I've been a fan of hers for a while now, so it's kinda great to have a piece of her work. It was also pretty great to meet her. What a nice, nice person.

I can't remember the name of the person I got this from, but I LOVE it. It makes me feel very punk rock meets punky brewster.

On a side note, we got together with some friends on Saturday night and played Times Up. If you're into playing games, this is so fun. There's a bit of trivia involved which inevitably makes this big-picture girl feel like a dipshit, but not true this time... so, so, fun.

Bit of a bummer... The adoption home study with our social worker that was supposed to be tomorrow afternoon is postphoned until next Tuesday! So tonight we'll be watching Lost in our very clean and child-friendly home.

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Punk Rock meets Punky Brewster. So perfect.

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I mostly visits this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]www.jooliedoolie.com is filled with quality info. I am sure due to busy scedules we really do not get time to care about our health. Here is a fact for you. Recent Research indicates that about 60% of all United States grownups are either obese or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Hence if you're one of these people, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is not like piece of cake. If you improve some of your daily diet habbits then, its like piece of cake to quickly lose weight.

About me: I am writer of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health trainer who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under painful training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effective weight loss.