Wednesday, June 14, 2006

First off, before you read this post or scroll ahead to look at the pictures, repeat after me. I (insert your name), hereby make this pledge to not judge Joolie for her chubby arms or her bad photography. I (insert your name), understand that self photography in a mirror without a flash is not an easy task. Stuff gets blurry. I (insert your name), also acknowledge that hardly anyone's arm would look good with the white underbelly showing at the angle below. I (insert your name), will be declared an unfriendly b-i-t-c-h if I still must judge after making this pledge. Amen.

I made a dress yesterday. It was really easy and took less than an hour, start to finish. I used a polyester knit that I picked up at an estate sale in the fall.

With the extra scraps I whipped up this little top using the same idea as the dress. I did change the underarm area from 8 inches to 9 inches long. It feels a tiny bit more comfortable than the dress. I'm not much of a jeans girl, so I also tried on the top with a bright blue A-line skirt and flip flops. It was pretty cute that way too.

5 comments:

Beth said...

Very cute top and dress, I'm impressed =)

Ugly Juice said...

Julie--Super cute!

I had the same problem yesterday when I finished my dress. I wanted to model it for the picture, but I couldn't take a picture in the mirror (not because of my white flabby underarms, although that is a problem, too--no, I couldn't take a picture in the mirror because then the mirror would reveal what a huge mess my room is) so I had to put it on my dress form. I thought about calling you to see if I could swing by to have you snap the picture. If I only had known you were having the same prob.

LA said...

Really, really love the top!!! Also think the dress is adorable.

Anonymous said...

lovely dress. you're so clever.

Jess said...

Is that the dress from Martha Stewart? It looks so awesome! Only 11 seams!!