Friday, February 04, 2005

This is my life...


Every week each kindergarten class comes to art once, and today was their art day. We've been making clay projects lately and I thought it would be good for them to see the kiln. Here's how it went.
ME: Who would like to go on a quick field trip today?
THEM: Me, me, me, oh-yeah, me, field trips are awesome...
ME: Who would like to go down to see the kiln? You know that's where I bake your clay projects.
THEM: AAHHHHHHH!!! Me, me, oh-yeah, me, can we? can we? please, oh-yeah...
ME: Alright, but if we're going to walk down there, we all have to be as quiet as...
THEM: BUNNIES!!! (They all start hopping like bunnies on speed)
ME: No not bunnies. How about let's be as quiet as...
THEM: MICE!!! meep, squeek, sniff-sniff, squeek...SQUEEEEEEK!!! This is going to be awesome.
ME: No, not mice. How about quiet like cottonballs?
THEM: silence
ME: See, cottonballs are very quiet and they keep their cheeks puffed out like this...
THEM: Yeah, oh-yeah, cottonballs are awesome, this is going to be so fun!!!
ME: Ok, no more talking. Us cottonballs are going to go visit the kiln.
THEM: (puffed out cheeks) mmmm-hmmm

No comments: