Friday, April 29, 2005

mosaic madness


Well, my love for mosaic has been set aside for the last month (or so) all due to an ugly little pig. I found a cheap little cement pig that I thought would be cute to mosaic for someone's garden. I used some of my cutest plates in my best color finds and yet, I still hate it. I've been obsessing over working on a tight 3D surface, but in reality the grout covers all the crap that you don't want to show. Anyway, I ran across this site tonight and realized that I need to do less hunting for plates (usually about $1 each!) and more hunting through the garbage. I want broken off angel wings and metal lids and broken barettes and deputy badges... Earlier this week, the fabulous Kim led me here. I LOVE this work. Anyone wanna party?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie, that wreck-0-llections chick is amazing. Don't you want to meet her? I just about died over the corporate gifts section. Should we email her and go to Stillwater and meet her, visit her studio? I think she wants to meet us, too, she just doesn't know it yet....
Betsy

Nicky said...

What a gorgeous butterfly!